- Indicate that something occurs immediately right after the end of an action or event = as soon as, right after.
- The subject of both clauses can be the same or different.
- Tense is not expressed in the first clause, but in the second clause. (Tense usage is similar to V-아/어서 and V-(으)면서 grammar)
1. 너무 피곤해서 집에 오자마자 잤어요.
I was so tired that I went to sleep as soon as I got home.
2. 수업이 끝나자마자 학생들은 교실에 나갔어요.
The students left the classroom right after the class was over.
3. 아이가 일어나자마자 울었어요.
The baby cried right after waking up.
4. 토니 씨는 학기가 끝나자마자 고향에 돌아갔어요.
Tony came back his hometown right after finishing the semester.
5. 민아 씨와 언제 결혼할 거예요?
- 대학교를 졸업하자마자 결혼할 거예요.
When will you marry Mina?
- We will get married as soon as we graduate from University.
6. 왜 기분이 안 좋아요?
- 어제 새로운 지갑을 샀어요. 그런데 사자마자 잃어버렸어요.
Why are you in a bad mood?
- I bought a new wallet yesterday. But I lost it right after I bought it.
7. 그는 전화를 받자마자 나갔어요.
He went out right after receiving the call.
L1G22 V-자마자 grammar = as soon as, right after Reviewed by Korean Topik on 1/13/2018 Rating: